What's New

September 24, 2018

Payment options in the event of a postal disruption


If you haven’t already done so, please sign up for direct deposit in order to receive your maintenance payments from FMEP.


If you aren’t already doing so, you will need to send your payments electronically to FMEP, using either:


If you aren’t already doing so, you will need send payments through your financial institution using online banking for a Notice of Attachment.

If you still want to send your payments by cheque, payments can be couriered (prepaid only) to FMEP Payment Services.

Reciprocating Jurisdictions

FMEP will work with the other reciprocating jurisdictions in Canada and internationally to ensure recipients continue to receive their payments during a postal disruption.

June 7, 2018

Updated Privacy Policy

Our website privacy policy was recently updated. Click here to learn more about our privacy policy, what information we collect and how we use it.

April 20, 2018

Update – New Driver’s Licence Cancellation Legislation

The BC government has passed legislation that will allow FMEP to direct ICBC to cancel a payor’s driver’s licence where the arrears are over $3000. This will change the existing driver’s licence withholding where FMEP is only able to direct ICBC to refuse to issue or renew a driver’s licence. This new action will mean immediate consequences for a payor who is not paying maintenance. To avoid this action the payor will be required to pay the arrears or agree to a voluntary payment arrangement.

Even though the legislation has passed it still is not in effect yet. Both FMEP and ICBC need to be given time to make the necessary computer system changes. It may take a few months before the new law takes effect.

October 2, 2017

Getting a copy of your maintenance order or agreement

Recipients and payors can now get a copy of their order or agreement through the website.

Once signed in, look under ‘Payments’ and select ‘Orders or Agreements’ to see the list of orders or agreements that FMEP has on file for your case. You can view and print each order or agreement, or request a copy be sent to you by mail.