Who Can Enrol

Anyone with a maintenance order or agreement can enrol in FMEP at no cost. There are only two requirements:

  • the payor or recipient lives in BC; and
  • has a valid maintenance order or agreement from Canada or elsewhere that can be enforced in BC.

A recipient living outside BC should enrol in the maintenance enforcement program where he or she lives. When the payor lives here in BC, we can take action to collect the maintenance payments on behalf of that maintenance enforcement program.

If the payor or recipient’s whereabouts is unknown, we can request a search for location, employment and assets through a variety of federal and provincial databases.

If either parent needs help getting their maintenance order or agreement enrolled in FMEP, we’d be glad to offer assistance. Contact the nearest FMEP office for help.

Just enrolled?

Find out how to get started with the Program and the best ways to get information about your case.