After Sending an Application
Once your enrolment application is received by FMEP, an Enrolment Officer will:
- Review the completed forms and contact you if further information is required.
- Send you an acknowledgement letter with a case number and PIN. You need these numbers to call FMEP, access InfoLine or add a case to your FMEP web account.
- Get a copy of your filed maintenance order or agreement from the court, if you didn’t provide one.
- Calculate the arrears owing, if any.
- Send both the recipient and payor Notices of Filing confirming their maintenance order or agreement is now enrolled in FMEP.
- Send the file to a FMEP client office where an Enforcement Officer will begin monitoring and enforcing the maintenance order or agreement.
It can take 4 to 6 weeks to enrol a case, including the time it takes to get a copy of the filed maintenance order or agreement from the court.